Armored core 4 teams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Armored core 4 teams

A specific PS3 game for 3 man team matches.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre-Season Match-Ups

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

Pre-Season Match-Ups Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:44 pm

We're against the Nermia Wrecking Crew I guess then. It says CST, but I'm going to assume that means Daylight savings time anyway. That means that Easterners have to be on BEFORE 9:00. Try for eight so we can get some strategy going kay?

It works out well because even if it is actually Standard, that gives us an extra hour.

Impervious should also have already gotten the message from TheDarkOne, but our team right now is just him, Sybray, and I. I dunno if Sybray has registered here yet, but he will be our teammate in the upcoming battle. At least, I haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:47 am

alright, it was preseason, so basically just practice. Sybray, I'm sure there was some reason you didn't show.

PSN was feeling feisty, so I really gather nothing from this match other than we need some work on our organization and communication.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:43 am

being that I can't use aim,and only PSN,I can't communicate to well.If Sybray keeps up with no shows,I think he should be out.But he might of had a reason.From what I gather of what he's told me,he's pretty young (at least younger than 15),so he might have not been able to make it.I'll ask him later.As for communication,I can't wait (and I'm sure there are others here too) for an in game XMB.Then we can PSN each other in between matches.As I'm sure most are aware,they say it'll be version 2.4 that will have it,but GOD knows when it will come out.It should make things MUCH easier,at least for me,lol.

The matches were a blast,and I'm looking forward to next time.That was the first team match I have been in,and it was great.I just hope the PSN is better when the next season starts.One can only hope,tho I know it'll be the otherwise.
Back to top Go down
impervious
Admin
impervious

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Like i've said before, don't be scared to exchange phone numbers to communicate, or download yahoo messenger. you can use headsets to chat on that for free
Back to top Go down
https://armoredcore4teams.forumotion.com
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm prolly the only person on the planet who still doesn't have a cell phone.As for a messenger of some kind,it's not an option,as I use my PS3.Thats because the ethernet port on my shitty laptop doesn't work,and I've already sent it for repairs once.They just apparently chose not to fix it,Compaq sucks.As for a headset,I plan to get one sooner or later,but money is a bit on the short side,so it might be later.For now,I'm stuck with PSN.I wonder how many times I've said that (not just here,but other places as well).
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Yo guys, I am Snajee-lay I go by Sytraxz on the PSN. Sybray is my little brother. He is 13. The night of your schedueled match my mother had company and wanted use of our TV to watch a DVD with her friends so she pretty much tossed him aside gave him the shes his mother so she can do that and so he wasnt able to get on unfortunatly. Also he is doing quite bad in school and has been grounded so I dont know if and when he will be back on, but I heard you guys were still recruiting so I dont know If I would be any assistance to your team but if your interested again my PSN is Sytraxz ... drop me a line Surprised
Back to top Go down
impervious
Admin
impervious

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Hey you and sybray can be on that team. know what i'm saying? whomever wants to play a particular sunday. just show up. let your parents know you have a match, i'm sure they will understand. but if it's a problem let me know ASAP and we can reschedule.

thanks
Back to top Go down
https://armoredcore4teams.forumotion.com
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Well, I understand. I worry about the same parents situation every weekend. It kind of sux that you both can't play at the same time online (at least that' s what I gather), but we'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Usualy its not a problem but it was a rare time she had company over. Usualy sundays are dead over here and if anything is happening its our mother going out. I beleive I gotta fight The Dark one tot be on the team anyways ne?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 pm

either me or Steel (preferrably both of us,so we can both check you out).I figured it was a grounding or something of that nature.I just don't really want it to happen too often.If it happens during a season match,it could really screw us over.If you can act as a backup/replacement when he's not able,thats fine by me.We need a fourth backup anyways.If only to take,say,my place.Like if I end up having to go somewhere and am not able to participate.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:04 am

sorry for the double post,but me and sytraxz got it on for SEVERAL rounds,and he's pretty damn good.He's got some amazingly fast ACs,and they're not weak either.His blue AC should be looked out for,but I was able to beat him most of the time with my quad,Name of War.That's a design meant to be kinda the namesake of the team.I'm still working on it,but it's able to permanently dash with Aliya/M boosters.It's also very fast.In any case,I'd rather have Sytraxz on the team,than his brother,he's simply better in all areas,ecxept maybe blading.He's not bad there either.Take him on Steel,and tell me what you think.I'd like to have him in the main slot,and Sybray in the backup.No offense Sybray
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 am

Why thank you, Sytraxz was actualy faster when the rifle was replaced with the normal lazer blade and I used the extra FRS in quick boost, the only down side is he was running out of energy but Im still tweaking him to make him a wll all rounded AC for most combat sittuations. I appreciate all the positive feed back Im still pretty new to the AC4 online community... And for the Record Dark, Sytraxz isnt blue xD ...... He is actualy that weird inbetween blue and purple color so when Im fighting depending on the level, lighting, and the angle he is blue or purple or both >:3 . Ill have to tak on Steel and see what he thinks :3

Edit: Also I wasnt ever amazingt qwith the laser blade but for what ever reason when Sytraxz had the lazer blade I was better with it ... and Im not sure if you noticed it but when fightitng Sybray he hadd da AC with the same color scheme as mine only "brighter" he claims it 'the new sytraxz' xD
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I'll probably be playing Friday and Saturday. You will probably catch me in the afternoon playing CoD4. just send me a message and I'll switch out in a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 pm

hmm Scyther man what happened? You Sybray and Dark had it out for a while and I came home. I invited dark and you and you signed off Razz .... Um I see our match is at 7CST Sybray and I are on Eastern time so thtat makes the Match 8Pm. I havnt a clue Dark who youd rather prefer show up but I know easter might be risky. MY Father kind of hinted at me comming over and Im not sure if Im going to or not cause the way thing have been going in my house lately, and I do beleive our grandparents may be comming over. So if they do they shouldnt be staying till 8 but there is a small possibility Our mother may demand the tv for a movie but Im not thinking too much. Give me a heads up on who youd Prefer to show up so we Can work around it and after that what the stratigy for either of us is...

~Sytraxz
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 pm

heh, I was supposed to be studying and my mom got after me before I got another invite.

We were playing with Fulgent as well, who happens to be on the same team as me on Strifer's site, so that kind of was nice for me. He's got a fast rifle + sniper cannon AC with good air time, so my usual close range tactics were kind of bad for fighting him Sad

I'm really liking that we have a good tank pilot on our team. I'm terrible with tanks, which is surprising I think, and from what I hear Snajee is a fast player like me.

Sybray, keep using that design with the plasma cannon and motorcobra; just don't charge head on with the blade quite so often. dodge and shoot instead. You're to the side mostly, so that's good.

I just have to get better at aiming that 0300. Missing with that hurts me big time because of the long reload. I think I'm going to make a second version of that design with missiles.
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Scyther Dude I wanna fight you tonight see how you stack up compaired to dark and see If I can throw a stratigy together for us :3
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 am

@Impervious:
1:I fixed my problem,I just had to delete all my browser stuff (cookies,authent. info,etc.,).Of course now I have to log in manually everywhere again to get my cookies back.To everyone else who's wondering,I couldn't make posts.I hit some button above the type box that turned it gray and unusable.
2:I just found out that I have to work until 8pm CST sunday,so unfortunately,I won't make the match.I hate that.

@Snajee:Since I won't make it,Either one of you go.Sybray has gotten a lot better than I remember,so either of you can go.Shame you can't both go,that would be sweet.

Impervious,I'm sure it won't be a problem,but you need to select someone to take my place.The times that I work at my new job (Home Depot) seem to bounce around a lot,with mornings and evenings alternating like crazy.This may mean that I'll miss matches in the future,but I'll keep everyone informed.God,I hate missing team matches,especially since the new season is about to start Evil or Very Mad .

Edit:Snajee,I consider Steel to be better than I,so he might toast ya Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:44 am

TheDarkOne198 wrote:

Edit:Snajee,I consider Steel to be better than I,so he might toast ya Laughing

Hey, thanks! ^^ lately I've been losing more than usual cuz I just dink around with new design ideas. But my good ol' designs still get me through. I'll stick with those if I can, lol.

Snajee, I'm probably only going to be up until 11, and that's only if someone is on to play. I've had a long week and need some rest. Looking forward to battling sometime this weekend though.

On a somewhat random note: it made me a little upset when I could only use a test design vs cero before he left. I played him earlier today. FYI new guys, he used to be the top player on our team before we became active. I lost by about 11k, which seems reasonable to me, but I don't think one match is much of an indication of skill either way.
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Not too bad Scyther I had tweaked my AC as well. I tried to up boost speed and aim ... the exrtesions weighed me down and the arms wernt doing so hot so I tweaked it again. Your pretty good my friend. We will have to fight again...

As far as sUnday Goes Im still not sure if Sybray or I will be fighting its a toss up .... Who is hosting the game?.. and if dark isnt showing is it a 2v2 or a 2v3 or?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm

if its like last week,there will be like 6-8 people there anyways,so it prolly won't be problem.I tried a few tweaks of Demon Lord.I'm trying to convert it to a pure lightweight,and version 3 is looking good to me.Version 5 is also a pretty good sniper,but I'm not...

and Snajee,that AC with the grenade rifle and bazooka is awsome.Not to mention the 2 guys from last night.I was getting my ass kicked!They had great,simple ACs,kinds I wouldn't have thought of.And I wish I could use the turn boost that well.It never works when I want it to,and always kicks on when I don't need it.It's clear to me that Name of War is better in 1v1 and not as good in brawls,so I need to try to improve its multiple AC fighting ability.I'm welcome to suggestions too.
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:58 pm

...so, played some 2v2 with strifer, cero, and altiaire the other day. it Was cero and I on a team, and what really made the difference was the teamwork. I mean, strifer and altiaire are rediculous at this game anyway, but they stuck together and managed to DT someone and not let them get away. I'd really like it if we could play over our own TS or Ventrilo server once the season heats up, but I know that's a problem for TheDarkOne since he pretty much needs a new laptop.

For now, it's just pre season. Don't sweat it.

I liked Name of War a lot, so I can't really offer any advice on it. Didn't get a good look at it anyway, I just know I couldn't kill it. ^^
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:43 pm

I trade the design with you,sometime.The latest thing I've done to it is replace the plasma cannon with the regular laser cannon,but it's almost as innacurate,and not much stronger than the cano.I wisg this game had the good 'ol chaingun.That would be great for that AC.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkOne198

TheDarkOne198

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 am

smilingelf from ACG has shown interest in joining.I gave him this sites url,so he can join.Impervious needs to update our team list,tho...me,Steel,Sybray/Sytraxz and maybe SmilingElf,if that is his username here.It IS his PSN name.

Edit:Nix that.He decided not to go with it,not enough time,he said.It wouldn't fit in his schedual.
Back to top Go down
Snajee-lay

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Hmmmm Is Name of War a Tank or a Quad leg? I had a interesting Idea for it im going to throw together tonight and give to ya whenever. And that AC with the Bazooka Grenade combo is Draith, he also has a mega load of missles too but I tend to find If I dont need the missles I just drop them for extra mobility which can help alot. When will we know the results of our match, like if we won/lost/draw or get it rescheduled?
Back to top Go down
Steel_Scyther

Steel_Scyther

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Well, it was preseason, so it was basically practice, but we ended up going two on two and lost horribly. They busted out a tank and a quick design to circle around it when someone started focusing on the tank, they would sneak up behind, DT-ing the person.

We all need to work on using cover when we're outgunned like that. Tip from me, and Exo-Gen too. Also, don't be so eager to engage the enemy. Wait for your teammate. The best round we had was at grove when I followed sybray (or was that snajee on his file?) and tried to help him take down someone, but they got us in the open and it was over after that.

Sorry Dark, we had to kind of leave you out since it was 2v2, and your connection didn't seem to agree with someone else's.

And no, we didn't take down a single AC, so we've gotta get a fourth person to act as a sparring partner once in a while to practice some 2v2. we'll get up to 3v3 tactics discussion once we have a method of communicating while in a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Match-Ups   Pre-Season Match-Ups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Match-Ups
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next