Armored core 4 teams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Armored core 4 teams

A specific PS3 game for 3 man team matches.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My verdict on 1.6.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 am

After some study of the regulation and what changes have been made I have formed the following opinion. Overall 1.6 is a very balanced regulation however I think it has only one major flaw.
They have eliminated stun lock from that game. You can get pretty well stunned from dual shot guns but its not as bad as on 1.4. sniper cannons, rail guns, bazookas and shot guns in general do not stun much at all. You get an impact but then you can keep moving. You are not halted ready to be hit again like on 1.4 when one shot gun pellet hits you and your AC is immobilized for a second.
The boosters are much better insofar as the ones that were extremely drainy and almost worthless now drain less and make sense. I think however that as far as side boosters go they have increased the boost drain so that your recharge is slower. Also EN output is slightly reduced as well. But a lot more generators are useful now.
They upped the AP slightly as well. You will find that you have more AP.
The KP drain on OB is minimal now so even the guy who gets Mged and has his PA raped can get a short OB if he can make it work to get away were as on 1.4 once your PA is down forget about OB.
So there are a lot of reasons why 1.6 is much better. My only real complaint and it is a big one is this. The mobility overall is less. AC’s are not as fast as on 1.4 and it does not matter what boost combo you use. The speed just is not there. I see a lot of Japanese players using rabit 3 stage or more QB moves to move faster. This together with the lower EN overall I think was a serious mistake. I can clearly see the difference when I switch between versions using the identical AC. This to me decreases the fun factor some what, I think if you reduce speed then heavy weight and mid weight turning speed needs to be reduced a lot. So all in all as balanced as it is I think they should have kept the mobility. It is what makes the game so fun at least for me. But for those that’s care or care not about 1.6, either way it does not matter any more because for answer is coming out and the mobility is increased in that game A LOT. So I will be happy about that.
SO what I would change is I would out the speed back to what it was on 1.4 and increase the EN output and not touch the drain of some boosters a lot, but I would a make a few slight adjustments. This would make it so that you could not spam QB but that you would not find your self dead in the water unable to recharge either. You would always have the option to keep squeezing out QB’s to slay alive and be able to recharge and regain the fight. This is not possible on 1.6. even QB hopping will not help you recharge. I would put the speed back to what is was on 1.4 to allow for better maneuverability as a possible weapon if you’re a light weight for close combat. 1.6 sort of incentivises dual rifles as the primary effective weapon for light weights just as much as 1.1 did in my view because MG or other close combat weapons are better if you have lots of EN and speed to keep the fight going. Most Japanese just play with dual rifles and they did not do so before. The lack of speed encourages this. If they did that then the game would be pretty well balanced. A few weapon tweaks here and there but nothing major.
Back to top Go down
FOXFIRE_kadrpg

FOXFIRE_kadrpg

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:09 pm

The absense of significant stun, as well as energy and mobility might be From Software's attempt to address lag.
Back to top Go down
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:52 am

Yes I have considered this possibility. The absence of stun is no doubt just that. This I do not mind because stun is more annoying to me then anything else. It is not essential to be in the game except for grenades.
But more to report I have found out just exactly what is the problem with 1.6 that I could not put my finger on. Basically both me and imperv have felt like we are some how slower, yet the boosters have not changed in terms of speed much at least not the ones we use so that could not have been it. in fact our speed remains the same on any mech we bring over. However this is what has changed
The program of inertia has been adjusted. Inertia is basically that any object that is in motion will remain at a constant speed or at rest unless acted on by an outside force. This is why if you were to through a base ball in space it would never stop because it would not encounter air or any other friction that would create resistance to slow it down. Now applied in ac4 if I were to quick boost to the left in the air and let go of the boot button I will start to glide. However if the resistance is greater I will not glide but come to a halt fast.
This is the major difference in 1.4 to 1.6 in terms of game physics. What this means is that light weights which count on having speed and mobility are now lest fast because after each QB your speed is reduced. Its like saying that I will come to a halt faster. Furthermore since quick turn is unchanged it is easier to get a bead on some one to the flanking game is MUCH harder. The difference of half a second makes a world of difference in close quarters combat. The game “feels” slower because your speed is lost faster. However this caters to the way the Japanese play which is prone to rapid QB chains that gain your speed and altitude. But my disagreement here is why should I be forced to play like them? My style was great the way it is on 1.4 as far as close quarters QB goes and takes a lot of skill to master. And on 1.4 you can still fight like them. I would have been happy if they just adjusted all other parameters except for the inertia. It really makes the game less fun. I feel like I am slower because my I cant glide as well as before and feel maneuverable and fast. To be perfectly honest I hate 1.6 for this reason. Its sad because aside from that everything else is very balanced.
My solution to fix this is to restore it to its prior setting with all other 1.6 adjustments and increase the EN recharge by 15-25%. This would make the game more fast pace. Either that or put make so light weight parts still retain the same inertia characteristics as in 1.4 or they could make it so that medium and heavy AC’s cannot get more then a 50 degree QT and only LW’s have 180 QT’s. any of these choices would make it fair. But on 1.6 unless you play like the japs you will find it exceedingly difficult you play your style and trust me when I say this because I know how most of you fight from watching your screens at one point of the other. You had better be ready to spamm QB.
Back to top Go down
FOXFIRE_kadrpg

FOXFIRE_kadrpg

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 am

Wow! Less coasting. I like that. Gee I wish SuckGA of America would patch regulation 1.6.

On a side note, this is probably good reason why SuckGA hasn't patched Armored Core very well; the regulations files are not simply text, they are likely complex code. I bet SEGA of Japan is the team the really worked on the game's engine, and SuckGA of America is proabably more of a collection of marketers than programers.
Back to top Go down
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm

no fromsoftware is the company that has allways made armored core. sega is the the oversea's publisher. but seriously fox, at that point like i said they have to change something because Light weights are not so fun and when you see what they have become instead you will wish they would go back. for instance what most of the japanese players do is fly real high and through alot of missles,as they pass over your head so you have this storm coming down on you. this can be avoided but without the speed light weights had before it becomes harder. then they pull out dual rifles. I fought this high ranker the other day in a player match. he beat me the first game by 5k and the next by 57 so it could have been any mans game. I know though from sampling his skills that had I even been better on that regulation i would have beaten him but had i had the speed that i should as a LW against him or if we had played 1.4 he would have been murderd easy no question. his name is "for-answer" and he plays just lke all the rest of them. so fox dont think that cause they cant glide that they are not fast. like i said before its all about chain QB on 1.6 and nothing else.
mpw here is the thing fox, dont you think that light weight should retain their same mobility since thier armor is week? they need close quaters manuverability that is not rapit QB so they can subtly move about and outmanuver their oponents IF the player has the skill, but thats the point. light wights are for people who know how to manuver because up against skilled players that dont they are dead in the water.
Back to top Go down
Densuo

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Interesting topic. I agree though. Lightwieghts should have far more mobility.

I wonder if Reverse Joints got any love here
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:19 pm

For Answer lightweights are really fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My verdict on 1.6. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My verdict on 1.6.   My verdict on 1.6. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My verdict on 1.6.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armored core 4 teams :: General Topics-
Jump to: