Armored core 4 teams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Armored core 4 teams

A specific PS3 game for 3 man team matches.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Acfa Regulation File

Go down 
+4
FOXFIRE_kadrpg
WalterPeck
MoonWalker4
Ultibreaker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ultibreaker

Ultibreaker

New Acfa Regulation File Empty
PostSubject: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:19 am

If im not mistaken a new regulation file is comming out 4/10/08. Missiles are being adjusted and a couple other things. Most likely at 5am thursday morning.

All i have to say is Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Ooookkkk
Back to top Go down
MoonWalker4

MoonWalker4

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:41 am

Oh noes!!!!
Back to top Go down
WalterPeck

WalterPeck

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Five bucks says they nerf the SALINE05 missiles.
Back to top Go down
FOXFIRE_kadrpg

FOXFIRE_kadrpg

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:17 pm

I hope you lose that bet, but I certainly wouldn't take you up on it.

I had just learned to dodge those things too.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze86

Kamikaze86

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 pm

There is no set release date. It just says it will be released sometime mid-April.
Back to top Go down
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 pm

well its here now. hey did fix salines and VTF's. damn you can actually dodge them now it feels good. also they reduced AA, thank fucking god. no more AA whores with no skill just letting off AA. I was playing jp and guys were trying to AA me with even less luck then before resulting in them getting raped. but I would still like to see a reduction in kojima contamination. and without a doupt there needs to be an overall reduction in AA OB stats so that when you pick a non AA ob you actually get more power, less EN drain and less KP drain. AA Ob parts should suck OB wise and be drainy. thats the trade off. none of this OB AA parts practicly just as good as reg OB parts.
Back to top Go down
Spike

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:57 am

Well, it seems like the blast radius of AA has been shortened a bit in 1.10 regs, so I think that plus the adjustment of AA power is enough to make AA a double-edged sword. Really, randomly letting off AA is not a smart move to begin with because it just leaves you really vulnerable. AA is most effective in punishing jousters or using it as a PA breaker as a setup for a close-range attacks if you joust it yourself with either a QB or a pop-OB. That said, I'd say the OB parts are pretty balanced now. The more powerful AA parts have some pretty high EN and KP drain on the OB function compared to their regular OB counterparts, but to be honest, if you have good EN management skills, the Argyros AA OB is probably the best in the game just because you can quickly OB warp with it without problem and still have a powerful AA.
Back to top Go down
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 am

yes I agree. I have been saying they need to nerf AA OB parts from the jump. OB AA's should have such low stats that your better off with QB. an AA OB should be slow a dirt, having no initial burst, slow as hell speed during its duration and horrid EN drain. all of them should be garbage. forcing you to be dependant on QB. with that said AA could use a reduction in PA contamination range and a reduction in damage range. you should be less then 100 to hurt some one with it. I mean if I have to get to 150 minus just to use my shot gun or MG then holly shit, I don’t think there is a problem with having AA be effective at 50. especially when it is that crippling.
Back to top Go down
Spike

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Well, right now it's pretty easy to dodge AA if you see it coming, and 1.10 regs really made it that AA isn't as crippling if it's not a direct hit. Maybe it's just the lag I get anymore, but when I joust my AA or even use it defensively, unless it's point blank, it doesn't end up doing damage to AP, just to PA.
Back to top Go down
Exo-Gen
Admin
Exo-Gen

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:05 am

trust me its still effective and noobish. admittedly not as bad as before. it boggles my mind. the Japanese rooms I go into 9 times out of 10 are either blades, DR's and maybe some other guns and AA fests. nothing else. it is sickening. the problem with AA is that its effective range is the same range that close combat weapons start being effective. it needs to be only damaging at like minus 50 meters so literally you have to be in their grill to do damage. close combat fighters like my self feel comfortable in close. all AA makes me wanna do is run rifle/assault rifles and hover in 250 meters or so spaming them and flanking them. its wack. I say reduce AA's effective range and contamination range and up its delay by a second. this will force it to be a skilled weapon. in this way they don’t have to change the damage potential. or they could keep its range as is and lower its damage to the minimal. I mean it is bad enough that it blinds you and leaves you will no PA. the one with the AA that hit their target can unload freely now without having to worry. and when the PA comes back up its back to square one with the one who did the AA having the advantage now. isn’t that good enough? no people want more they want it so they don’t have to worry about being flanked ever again. what nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Spike

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:07 am

I don't see it that way at all. Using AA right now is all about perfect timing. If you don't time it perfectly, you'll be lucky if you reduce someone's PA by half on an indirect hit. I think I've AA'ed and been AA'ed enough times now to know that AA isn't nearly as effective as it was in 1.0 regs. Regarding your saying it's noobish to use AA, the only way I could see that being true is if you see a bunch of JP people spamming it whenever you get close to them in a BR4-8. The thing is, if you're sly enough about it, you can just take advantage of their doing that and hang back for a while, let them make themselves vulnerable with AA, then go after them. In a 1v1 match or even small team matches, you should be able to see AA coming and dodge it on reaction when you see the charge-up flash.

I just have such a hard time believing that you're having such a difficulty adapting to AA. Like, it's a tactical weapon now under 1.1 regs, and it's not as potent. Under 1.1 regs, I'm able to run a shotguns or handguns as my short-range weapons and still be able to get in and out without getting caught (well, not very often) by AA. Now, this could just be because I'm a lightweight user and love flying by the seat of my pants...

But, putting that aside, I've noticed that when I'm AA'ed the blinding isn't nearly as bad as it was under 1.0 regs. It could also be that I'm used to doing a qb chain on reaction whenever I see someone charge up their AA as well.

I'll say one thing, the JP servers are weird. Too many blade matches and too many matches where everyone just runs defense gouges. Like, how is that fun? I'll take a paper-thin lightweight any day over a defense gouge. I actually don't play the JP servers much anymore anyway - way too much lag during normal and peak hours of play anymore to make it worthwhile playing a JP person.
Back to top Go down
crimson123

crimson123

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:10 pm

They should make the PA bomb do more damage lol. Just kidding. They should make high speed missles track alittle better so they can be used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Acfa Regulation File   New Acfa Regulation File Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Acfa Regulation File
Page 1 of 1